October 28, 2009

Greg Mortenson


Three Cups of Tea is our favorite book, it also brings us back because it was the book we read on the train rides in Europe on our honeymoon! Weird memory but the book just holds a special place in our heart. Anyways the author of this book Greg Mortenson spoke at the BYU devotional and he is just an inspiring man. I always imagined him to be a very kind and respectful man. When I watched him sing the hymns with us confirmed my imagination and made me really happy to see him respect our religion by joining in. Mike and I are just so impressed with dedication to bring education to Pakistan and Afghanistan, and the affect of an education on girls means having strong mothers in the home that won't allow their sons to join the talabans. The peace he has promoted by doing these acts of service is unreal and we were so thrilled to see Greg speak. He didn't disapoint us and if you haven't had a chance to read this book I recommend you do so!

1 comment:

  1. Hey found your blog! We actually talked about Greg Mortensen in my class today, he has really done some amazing things. I'll have to read that book!

    ReplyDelete