September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Michael Jameson!


Last Thursday was Mike's birthday... the big 24! I think he scored big, he finally got the bike of his dreams and all the cool accessories to go with it. He has wanted a bike since before his mission so I thought it was about time he got one. (Plus I think he is pretty cool and I must love him a whole lot to spoil him.) We went over to his parents house for dinner, cake, presents, and good fun. Then Friday morning we left for Moab to continue his birthday celebration. Neither of us had be to Moab so we were pretty excited and didn't really know what we were in for. That night we camped at the Arches National Park and it was an amazing camping spot! And somehow we got it for free... Mike is really good at getting the best deal. Saturday we woke up very early and did a hike, all of the arches and rocks we saw were so amazing. After our hike we went south of Moab into to Lasal Mts. and it was a completely different world, tons of trees and wildlife. We went up to lake and camped right by it. I was seriously loving my life because we saw so many wild animals, such as, cows ( i know they aren't really wild but they were roaming everywhere) beavers, deer, goats, lizards and the list goes on and on. Our little trip was perfect and to make things even better we only spent nine dollars! So it's safe to say that the Rees Family Loves MOAB!


Maybe I shouldn't have given him a bike.... now I'm # 2 in his life.

This picture just makes me laugh but I wanted to capture our little home for the night. I'm actually surprised Mike is smiling because he didn't think this was one of my best picture ideas.

This was one of the "wild" cows. I was a little scared that the cow was going to pop into my window while taking this picture.

2 comments:

  1. Wait I dont get it, is that Mike in the tent with his bike? It doesn't look like him. And that girl laying on the ground outside the tent isen't you either right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you finally got to go to Moab and it looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete